quinta-feira, 10 de maio de 2007

The Chamerlands

Lloyd and Nola Chamberland were friends of my parents. In fact Lloyd was a 70 with my dad and they spend many hours together doing missionary work. Lloyd was a little different. He was a very nice man and had three kids, but because he had epilpecy he could not drive. His wife did not drive either and so they walked where ever they went. Including 3 miles each way to church two times each Sunday. Daddy loved the Chamberlands and when ever he did not have to work on Sunday would give them a ride to Church. Lloyd was also Mother's home teacher after Daddy died and she also loved him. Well it soon came time for Lloyd to join the rest of the human race and die. Nola was an even more simple woman than Lloyd. He had kept all the money and she knew nothing of it. When he died she was left alone, and took it very hard. She said she kept praying to God to take her that she did not want to live without Lloyd. One night her sister was spending the night with her and she had a dream.

In the dream a woman dressed in white came to her and touched her on her shoulder. She motioned to Nola to come with her and told her that she had come so Nola could understand why Lloyd had died. She led Nola down a long hall and they arrived at a meeting room. The woman opened the door and inside were people sitting listening to a speaker. The speaker was Lloyd, Nola said she did not know anyone but did sse George Jones on the stand with Lloyd. The woman then asked Nola if she still wanted Lloyd back and she said no that she would manage without him.

Aunt Wanda got Nola to write down the dream for me, and it was in my scriptures but I can not find it. I thought I had better write it down before I forget it. I know this dream is true and not only did it help Nola but also me.

I have to relate the rest of the story, when I was 16 we built our chapel in San Bernardino. I am not proud of what I did but we were using a bucket chain to pour grout in the wall of the chapel. We as young teenagers were up as high as we could get and just below me was Lloyd Chamerland. These buckets of cement were some times too full and some slopped out and fell on Lloyd. Well I motioned to my friends to watch and each bucket got tipped just enough to splill a little cement on Lloyd. He had on bib overalls and we tried to get it down the bib. Well by the time we were done Lloyd was covered in cement. He never said a word. After my mission I felt very guilty for treating Lloyd that way. And I appoligised to him. He did not even remember it happening. I am sure he did but that was the way he was.

I found out that Lloyd was from Orderville, Ut. where Alan DeMille was raised. One day Alan put up some pictures of old Orderville with Thomas Chamerland and his 28 boys and 23 girls. Fifty one children. Lloyd was one of the youngest. Thomas had a few wives, but he was always my hero after that. Fifty one would have been great but I am most grateful for my seven. I love you all. All 21 of you.

3 comentários:

Rebekah disse...

That was an amazing dream. I remember you telling us that story, but wasn't Lloyd like a missionary teaching the people?

Reuel and Ana disse...

Yes he was

Amy disse...

Good story Dad. I am glad you took your own advice and "wrote it down".