terça-feira, 8 de maio de 2007

Old stories

This morning I remembered a story about little Sarah when she was about three. George was taking JoAnne and I to the airport for a trip to see Rebekah in Glendale. We were stuck in traiffic, and going about 5 miles per hour. George looked in the rear view mirror and saw Sarah picking her nose. He asked her very nicely to stop, she did for a few seconds and looked over at me and asked "Grandpa do you pick your nose? " Needless to say I was taken aback I told her I had been known to a time or two. She then procided to ask JoAnne if she picked her nose. I had a very hard time NOT laughing out loud, until I was out of little Sarah's ear shot. This is one that I have remembered for a long time. Another just came to me and I think all of you will get a laugh out of this. I was babysitting Jonah one evening in Citrus Heights. He had an accident in his pants, and I put him on the toilet and told him to finish defecating and I would finish cleaning him up. The poor little boy looked up at me and said what is decating? We just call it poo. So much for teaching them while they are young and they will not depart therefrom. These grandchildren I really miss. We spend each Sunday sitting behind a family with little red headed boys like that couple in Fallbrook used to do to us. I can't remember their names. Hibbert? I would ask them why do you sit behind us we make so much noise. And they would reply we just enjoy seeing your little children. I feel the same way now. How grateful I am for God giving us little children. There is another one that just came to my mind. When Jethro was about 3 he was a wide as he was tall. Just a cute as a button. Our old bishop in Canyon View ward would always call him George. It really made Jethro mad. He would do it every sunday until Jethro clinched his fist and pointed it at the bishop and said you call me George one more time and I am going to pop you in the face. Jethro was alway Jethro after that.
I love you all.

3 comentários:

Amy disse...

Yes, the good old days!!! I just love all the cute things that kids say. It is so funny! I think the Jethro story is a classic!!!

Rebekah disse...

1. How did mom answer the picking the nose question?
2. I was the only one in my high school biology class that knew these terms: defecate, feces, and flatulate (although I have no idea how to spell them).
3. I cannot remember the name of the people sitting behind us in Fallbrook, Hebert?
4. Jethro wanted to pop the guy in the Highland View ward.
5. Good memories.

Reuel and Ana disse...

1. I don't remember
2. it is a shame
3. Yes, I think his name was nelson