domingo, 6 de maio de 2007

Sunday

We had a very nice meeting today. I really enjoy going to Church down here. The people are so humble. Our high priest group leader is a policeman from the American embasey. He has been all over the world and married a girl from Soracaba, my first ward I worked in Brazil. She was not born yet when I was there but her mother remembered me. We had our first home teacher since 2001 and it was good to have someone. Everyone here treats me as if I have lived here my whole life. Sunday school was taught by a woman who was a member in the Sao Paulo ward I worked in second. She has been a member for about 48 years and her son is our home teacher. She gave the lesson on John chapter 9 about the blind man being healed on the sabath. It also was very good. Then we had fast and testimony meeting. One man got up who had been baptized within the last year with his family and said that his family and wife were leaving him because of the Church. But he knows that it is true and he is continueing to come to church. what a man of faith. What a feeling of love was in the meeting. I know the Gospel is true and am thankful for what I have. It is so very important that we all remain true to God at all cost.

2 comentários:

Amy disse...

That is so cool that you are running into all these people from your mission. Such a small world.

Rebekah disse...

I am glad that you are treated like you have always been there. But you are so nice I do not think you would have a problem anywhere you go.