segunda-feira, 16 de abril de 2007

Genealogy

As you all know I wrote a happy birthday letter to Uncle Ross. I also sent him the genealogy files and he in return sends me back his work. He said he had only done a little but there were over 1000 names. So he has done a lot. That his way I asked you for your information because you kids are there but not your kids. Your trip to SLC really hit me hard. Seeing all of the grandchildren except Kate made me want to make sure that all of our people had their families sealed to each other. So I have really been working hard on it. About three to four hours per day. There is a lot of information that we have, but a lot of duplicate temple work done. So I am going through the IGI files and making sure that all is correct. It is not hard work but very time consuming. I have a program called PAF Insite. It searches the IGI files in SLC from Brasilia. It is really cool what it can do. Then when I have found 3-30 names I have to look at each one and make sure that they are related and get the information. Some names have been done 5 or 6 times. So I record the earliest date but save all the notes of the other temple work done. That way when Dawn and Ross get the temple ready stuff they will have the notes to prove who was whom. (sorry Jethro) I was not an honors English student. I also have been trying to do a little blog each day. I am liking this quite well. It is like a journal.
Also on the 24th of April I will be a father again. We have one pair of parakeets with four eggs all fertile. I know that is counting my parakeets before they hatch, but it is fun. I may let Ana hand feed one so she can get over Rondzinho. By the way how is he doing?

2 comentários:

Rebekah disse...

I especially remember going to the orange farm to pick & sort oranges. It was always a great feeling to know that we provided a good service. It is sad that more people do not set aside the time to help when given the opportunity.

Rebekah disse...

Okay, the previous comment goes to Domingo, 15 de Abril de 2007.

Dad you gave me a slight heart attack when you said you will be a father again. But that was your intention I am sure. Thanks for spending all that time on the geneology.