quarta-feira, 18 de abril de 2007

A Little History

George and Amy put up a blog so now the whole family is blogging. Their last post had some very cute pictures of Sarah and Kate when Kate was a baby. I know that I have told this story a million times, but I want to put this down as history. When Rebekah was born we lived in a two story house in Wentworth, Mo. All the bedrooms were up stairs. Amy being the little mother that she was would get Rebekah out of bed. Here is this little two year old lifting a baby who was half Amy's size over the crib bars and into her arms. We told her several times she was not to do this. I got more response from the wall because the wall did not take Rebekah out of bed. I also told Amy that she was not to carry Rebekah down the stairs. Well one day as I was going up the stairs I saw Amy with Rebekah in her arms. Seeing me Amy paniced, and started to fall down the stairs. As I watched my two youngest children go tumbling down the stairs I was heart broken. But Amy had clutched Rebekah so tight in her arms protecting her from injury, while she took the brunt of the fall. I have never forgotten this story until today. My how it broke my heart. But Amy is no different today, she still cares for her brothers and sisters.

2 comentários:

Amy disse...

It is o.k. that you shared that story Dad. I was worried you were going to share about the time I tried to nurse Rebekah when I was 2 years old. :)

andrea disse...

Great story Dad. I'm so excited you have started a blog. It's a great way for us all to keep in touch.