segunda-feira, 14 de maio de 2007

Andrea's Birthday

This week I am going to write each day my feelings of the days each of you were born. Your mother and I had a paper route. On the 23rd of July mother woke up with labor pains. So we got up fast and mother drove the car as I threw the papers. Each time I would come back for more papers I would check how far apart the labor pains were. We would go on. As soon as the route was finished we went home and got ready to go to the hospital. Andrea you took your time in coming. We had to talk the doctor into letting me attend the birth. I was dressed in full surgacial clothers. from head to toe. I stood behind the doctor like I was an umpire. I had to assure him I would not faint. (after all I was a meat cutter). Finally the labor was over and out came Andrea, back in the old days there was no way of knowing what sex the baby was, so it was a joy and a surprise for both of us. Andrea you were so small. And yet so big (I could not believe you came out of such a small area) at the same time. They did not let me hold you until you were all weighed and cleaned. I was so overjoyed, I had wanted a baby for so long, and now I was holding you in my arms. I will never forget what it felt like.

3 comentários:

Amy disse...

Dad,
What a great idea. I look forward to reading all of your memories of each one of us being born. Guess I know where we all got our work ethic from. You and Mom went and did your work then went to the hospital. Sounds like something I would do.

George disse...

Cool, I think that is a great idea.

Rebekah disse...

That is a great idea. I am looking forward to hearing about all of our births.